Thursday, December 30, 2010

Part 2

So I know I haven't blogged since Sept...but we've been a little busy. I'm 36 weeks pregs today and we can't wait for our little girl to arrive. This will be a brief update on what we have been up to. We traveled to Alabama during Thanksgiving and stayed ten days. Our first stop was Cullman to see "Nana" and "Grandpa". This picture is of Gavin playing on an old caboose at the train station. Gavin and Emma playing. Poor Gavin had a busted lip from falling off his mattress. He is not used to sleeping without rails all around him!
Gavin's first trip to the dentist! Jason's good friend from high school is a dentist in Cullman and we decided to take Gav to have his teeth checked out. He is practicing saying "AAAHHH" in this picture.


He did such a good job!! He was so excited and he still can't stop talking about Dr. Joel!
We spent Thanksgiving Day with my family in Opelika and headed home to fall back into our routine...or so we thought.
During Thanksgiving I started to feel a little funny. I was experiencing a little back pain but attributed it to this baby growing and kicking all over the place. Jason left for Orlando on Monday and on Tuesday my pain was so bad I called him and told him to rush home so he could take me to the ER. Luckily my wonderful neighbor, Pat, was home and watched Gavin for us.
When we arrived I was admitted into Labor and Delivery and my doctor said I probably had a kidney stone. He wanted me to stay overnight so they could moniter the baby and keep me comfortable. The first night I spent in the hospital was the worst because my pain was causing way too many contractions. I had to get shots throughout the night to stop labor. Ouch. I also had to wear a baby moniter the entire time I was there to make sure the baby was ok. This involves having two large moniters velcroed around your belly. My mom left Opelika immediately and drove down to take care of Gavin. So for the next three days they pumped me full of IV fluids and pain meds .
Two renal ultrasounds never showed a kidney stone and my pain was getting worse. Finally, on Friday the urologist did surgery to see what he could find. I had one small stone which was stuck and a "corkscrewed" ureter (connects your kidney to your bladder) which was causing my kidney to swell severely. My twisted ureter is courtesy of this pregnancy and more than likely so is the stone. So, he inserted a stent and I have been really uncomfortable ever since! We were at the hospital Tuesday through Saturday. However, I am thankful the horrible pain in my back is gone. I feel for anyone who has ever experienced a kidney stone. It. Was. Awful.
My mom stayed the week I was in the hospital and the next week Jason's parents drove down and helped out with Gavin because Jason had a big meeting in Las Vegas.

Ok, long story over. Fast forward a few weeks to Christmas! This sweet boy had the time of his life opening gifts!


Waking up to a room full of presents was so much fun!



Exhausted after opening all those presents!

My family came and spent Christmas weekend with us and we had a great time. My mom came almost a week early to help again because I was still in a lot of pain. Now we are just waiting for baby Elsie to arrive and give me some relief!! I think Gavin is excited about being a big brother. I'll try to keep this blog updated a little more often!

No comments: